Chrome extension not working (based on 1Password 4)

Options

My chrome extension has not been working for a while. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall extension (with restarts of computer). Both extension and my 1Password4 are up to date. I am running Windows 10.

The extension is greyed out and only gives me the following clickable options:

• 1Password Manager: Password Manager and Secure Wallet (this takes me to your website, asking me to buy the new version)
  • 1Password (this does nothing)
  • Options (this is greyed out)

• Remove from Chrome (does what it says)

• Hide in Chrome Menu (likely does what it says)
  • Manage Extensions (takes you to chrome extension manager)

Please advise.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @gdrj,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

I wonder if you do not have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password 4. Could you please try to do the following:

1) Close Chrome.
    2) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Advanced and make sure that you have Native Messaging enabled there.
    3) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Restart 1Password Helper.
    5) Launch Chrome and let us know if it works for you after that.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gdrj
    gdrj
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg. Did as you suggested. Native Messaging was on and there was no change after restarting helper.
    Next thoughts?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gdrj: If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#KNE-35454-733]

If you’re reading this and you are not gdrj, this Support ID is for gdrj only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: KNE-35454-733

• Lhershfield
    Lhershfield
    Community Member
    Options

Windows 10pro - Chrome extension "logins" are empty. Works in a Window 7 machine. My case #ZTS-66592-156

• Thanks, we got your email and Greg just replied to it.

• gary203
    gary203
    Community Member
    Options

My support ID is [#TWY-32761-547]

I have the same problem.

My chrome extension has not been working for a while. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall extension (with restarts of computer). Both extension and my 1Password4 are up to date. I am running Windows 10.

The extension is greyed out and only gives me the following clickable options:

1Password Manager: Password Manager and Secure Wallet (this takes me to your website, asking me to buy the new version)
    1Password (this does nothing)
    Options (this is greyed out)
    Remove from Chrome (does what it says)
    Hide in Chrome Menu (likely does what it says)
    Manage Extensions (takes you to chrome extension manager)
    Please advise.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
    Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gary203: I think something is out of date on your system. I'll take a look and get back to you via email shortly.

ref: TWY-32761-547

This discussion has been closed.