Plans for a password Audit function?

I wasn't sure which subforum this belonged in, but I use the Windows application, so that's why I'm posting here.

Are there plans to implement a password "audit" function? I'm thinking of something as simple as checking existing passwords stored in 1Password, to see if any password (or sequence within the password) is reused on more than 1 site. I have ~500 sites in my 1Password, many of which were setup before I signed up for a 1Password account and started taking my security more seriously. I'd like to know which sites I should prioritize changing my password at first because I've reused it on multiple sites.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Mancolt: Indeed we do have plans for this and, in fact, it's included in the most recent 1Password for Windows beta if you'd like to give it a try now. We call this feature Security Audit and it will identify reused passwords, weak passwords and even old passwords if you're the type that likes to update passwords periodically. Feel free to give it a try if you'd like. :chuffed:

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member

Thanks @bundtkate ! So if I just wait a little while, that feature will be included in the next official release?

• @Mancolt: Yep! No exact timeline on official release as there is a lot to test in this beta, but it's definitely coming. :+1:

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member

@bundtkate - It doesn't look like this was part of the 6.8 release. Do you have any update on timeline, or is there a way to see what features are in the pipeline for 6.9?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mancolt: No. And all of that is Top Secret. But you'll likely see some things show up in the public betas first — often long before stable release, depending on the development cycle. Cheers! ;)

• Just to be clear, we did have this in beta builds for 1Password 6.8 but it wasn't ready, so it was pushed to the next version.

This discussion has been closed.