I can't find sing-in address or secret key. My original email account is defunct.

Options

I have a family account (5 users) and am running 1Password4 on three Windows machines, and 1Password for Android on one smartphone. I'm trying to get it to run on the other one.

I cannot find my sign-in address or my Secret Key. Apparently these are newer than my account. The online support instructions do not match what I see on my 1Password clients (e.g., on the Windows machines, there is no Settings, and there is no place so view my Accounts).

I do not have an Emergency Kit.

The email account I used when I set up my Family Account is now defunct, so you can't email me info to my email.

Needless to say, I am quite frustrated. I've used 1Password for years, and have never had this sort of difficulty with it. How do I get out of this rabbit hole?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: windows 8
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:I can't find sing-in address or secret key. My original email account is defunct.

Comments

• dmahone
    dmahone
    Community Member
    Options

Ah! I may have just found another clue. I have a family LICENSE, not a family ACCOUNT. Apparently in 1Password, those are entirely different, and could be the cause of my confusion. Is that true?

• @dmahone:

I have a family LICENSE, not a family ACCOUNT. Apparently in 1Password, those are entirely different, and could be the cause of my confusion. Is that true?

These are, indeed, different. 1Password 6 on Windows only works with our 1Password.com subscription accounts, so if you would like to continue using your local vault/license, please uninstall 1Password 6 and install 1Password 4 from here. This should look more familiar to you. Of course, you will still need your license key, so if you don't have it handy, please send us an e-mail at support+windows@agilebits.com with the e-mail address you used to purchase 1Password included (even if it's now inactive) and we will talk licenses in a more private setting. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.