Annoying "One-time password has been copied to clipboard" dialog

Options

Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying notification about one time passwords copied and removed from clipboard recently introduced in 1password? The functionality is very good and helpful, but the notifications and the sounds are very annoying when using 1password all day long.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.4 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 10 - 6.2.9200
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:one time password notification

Comments

• @Gregs: You can disable notifications from 1Password 4 entirely, if you'd like, but there isn't a way to only disable OTP notifications. To disable notifications altogether:

1. Open Start and click Settings (gear icon on the left-hand sidebar).
    2. Select System > Notifications & actions.
    3. Scroll down a bit and toggle the slider next to 1Password under Get notifications from these senders to off.

:chuffed:

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I did that, but I was still getting notifications... just turned off the third one now, and it seems it stopped finally ;-)

• @Gregs: It's interesting that you see more than one option there. The first one looks like the old Windows Store app, but I only see one of those lock icons on my PC. Might be worth taking a gander at your installed programs in Control Panel to see what's leading to multiple senders being listed there for 1Password. Either way, I'm glad you were able to get 1Password to cool it with the banners. :chuffed:

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I thought that was strange. I only have a single 1Password installed under "Apps & features".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've seen the same thing. Definitely double check and make sure you don't have any other versions hanging around...but sometimes Windows 10 seems to keep some hanging around there in notification settings for me too.

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

The list just keeps growing... Approximately one new instance per week... I just keep going to the notifications and turning it off...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Gregs: Yeah that's really odd. I realized I actually had no entries for 1Password 4 there, only 1Password 6...until I restarted 1Password Helper, which I did not have running. Are you seeing multiple entries for "1Password (32-bit)" in Task Manager processes and/or startup?

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

Single 1password only in the task manager. Only one "1password 4" installed. I recently got a new laptop and clean install of windows 10 and all apps and the behaviour is the same. Every few days the 1password notifications return and I disable them, vicious circle ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gregs: Thanks for bringing this up again. I think I've been able to reproduce it — sort of. I couldn't begin to tell you why this is, only that it is. I've filed a report and we'll see if there's something we can do to prevent what appears to be Windows creating a brand new notification entry for 1Password any time the Helper is started (including rebooting). However, in my case this is replacing the old one (which I'd disabled) rather than creating additional entries (as shown in your screenshots above). So while I'm not sure what here is 1Password and what is Windows (I suspect the multiple entries are another issue on your machine entirely), we'll continue to look into this. Thanks for your persistence and patience under the circumstances!

I do have one question though: Have you updated to the Fall Creators Update yet? That's what I'm running (build 1709 - 16299.19), so I wonder if that could account for the difference. Thanks!

ref: OPW-645

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty - that's awesome. I'm not imagining things then ;-) Thanks for taking it further. I'm currently runnings on Windows 10 Home version 1709 build 16299.64 - yes that's Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. You're right - my notifications settings only has one 1password now - it disappears after 1password helper restart - and appears after first notification, which can be disabled. I was also running the Fall Creators Update on my previous PC with Windows 10 Pro - so the behaviour might be different there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know! We'll see if there's a solution.

This discussion has been closed.