1password 6 on Windows 10 - white screen

Options

I found other topics regarding this. Tried 2 things based on that:

I removed the nVidia drivers (running on the intel HD now, nVidia card is no longer in this machine.

Also tried looking in eventvwr for errors. Couldn't find any.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 version 1703
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @srijken,

Thank you for reporting this! I'm sorry to hear that you see a white screen in 1Password on Windows.

White screen in 1Password usually indicates that the graphics subsystem is misbehaving on the system. 1Password 6 uses Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and WPF depends on the Windows' graphics subsystem to render the apps. That means any custom graphic drivers or custom window modding tools can affect how 1Password works.

We've seen weird issues like this being caused by Riva Tuner, nVidia's software, and anything that can impact how the application's windows are rendered – like adding custom controls to the window's toolbar. The latest Intel drivers have also shown to be problematic with WPF apps.

Are you running anything from the above on your PC?

Cheers,
    Greg

• srijken
    srijken
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm running the latest intel drivers. I was just connected to my computer using Remote Desktop, and then it works ok. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srijken: Please try to share a sys info file from your computer, so we could take a look at your current setup. Here is how you can do that:

Save a system configuration file on your Windows PC

Attach this file to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. Do not share your system configuration file publicly and do not post it here. Only email it to 1Password Support.

Additionally, please try to install the previous version of Intel drivers for your computer and let us know if it works.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.