Different services use different accounts , want all to be actioned using a single account ?

Options

Various third party applications have this services running on win hosts using different accounts, there are around 6-7 services with around 5 accounts. Can we migrate all those services so.that they can be actioned using a single account.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sidharthpaul1988: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to say I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify what you're trying to do? If it helps, 1Password is not for managing user account in an OS, or a service that websites use to authenticate you. It's a password manager for doing things like saving and filling logins on webpages, alone with storing other information securely.

• sidharthpaul1988
    sidharthpaul1988
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick respond, would like to explain about of my concern. Suppose we've 10 different windows hosts and are hosted by various services which uses like xcvb, qwert, uiop, bhyex accounts respectively, we want all these services should be rendered by either a SYSTEM account or tsgopw account . Then we should decomission those accounts ,it would be like a migration of all services to run as (System or tsgopw) , now could you shoot your suggestions.

• @sidharthpaul1988: It's quite possible you're trying to do something entirely over my head, but what I'm understanding is that you're looking for something to handle something beyond the scope of a password manager. 1Password is a powerful tool and can certainly store and fill any logins you have for various services and selectively provide access to them across your company, but 1Password does not host anything and won't be able to consolidate various services under a single host, if that's what you're looking for. We can absolutely keep the credentials from all of those services in a single, easily accessible (for you, not the bad guys) place, but further consolidating them at the system-level is beyond what 1Password is capable of or intended to accomplish. :sweat:

• sidharthpaul1988
    sidharthpaul1988
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate - you really got the attention, me not at all looking for a password manager! I still respect your response and valuable words on it, I hope I would need 1Password in near future. This would be helpful then. Cheers

• I'm glad we were able to help in a way.

If there's anything else we can help with, please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.