Chrome Extension causes display to sleep

Options

When I click on the browser extension it makes my display(s) go to sleep. When I wake the display(s) I can select something from the extension, though they go to sleep again after I click. Basically a click to activate the 1Password extension or a click in the 1Password extension puts my display(s) to sleep. I normally have 2 displays connected but I have tried with only one connected and the same problem persists.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:display sleep

Comments

• @fostermatt: That is exceedingly strange and definitely a brand new one to me! I'm honestly not sure where to start here as, while I can't deny it's an awfully strange coincidence, I don't see how invoking the extension should cause your displays to sleep absent some third-party tool getting in the way here. If you use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + ) do you see the same behavior?

• fostermatt
    fostermatt
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like when I use the keyboard shortcut it does not make the displays sleep. Guess that's the way I'll have to go from here. Thank!

• @fostermatt: I'm glad that works, but I'm still really curious why you're seeing this behavior as there is definitely good cause to click the extension icon, if for no other reason than because that's the best way to access the password generator. If you're up for it, I'd like to take a look at some system information from your PC. Would you be willing to send over a system configuration file? This shouldn't include any personal information, but there's a chance it can so don't post the config file here. Instead, e-mail it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your e-mail to help us connect the dots back here. You should also receive a Support ID via reply e-mail. If you drop that here, it'll help us find your e-mail quicker. Thanks! :chuffed:

• fostermatt
    fostermatt
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. Sent the email and the support ID is #XIL-51232-879

• @fostermatt: Found it and thank you! Since this is a bit of an oddball, I may need to ask the developers to take a look tomorrow morning as well, but I'll make sure we get back to you via e-mail as soon as possible. :chuffed:

• fostermatt
    fostermatt
    Community Member
    Options

No worries. Thanks for the attention. The keyboard shortcut can hold me over for awhile. PC is my secondary anyway. 1P works perfect on my Mac/iPhone/iPad =P

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it. We'll see what we can see. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.