Where’s the browser button? [Removed; long press on the tab bar to active 1Browser]

Options

Comments

• erictoronto
    erictoronto
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me. The icon at the bottom has disappear.

• codebrown
    codebrown
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you thank you and thank you again, I just created an account to say thanks. Trying to switch between Google Authenticator and 1Browser was driving me nuts after the update! But long tapping the nav bar gets me back to my session so I can paste the code, perfect!

• 96KiloHertz
    96KiloHertz
    Community Member
    Options

X||| thank you! That works!

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@96KiloHertz and @codebrown: I'm glad to hear @XIII's solution works for you! I personally never used 1Browser (I have a drag and drop addiction, so slide over + Safari is my go to on iPad) and was glad to see the extra tab bar real estate on my old iPhone 5C, but I know it definitely has its fans and am pleased you were all able to find an acceptable way to access it. :chuffed:

• Dakota_Drummer
    Dakota_Drummer
    Community Member
    Options

Can’t find 1Browser on my iPad now. I have all updates of iOS and app.
    Where is it?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Have latest iOS and update on my iPad but where is 1Browser now?

• danaz
    danaz
    Community Member
    Options

In the new version the button that used to bring me back to the web browser from the item screen is now either gone or obscured (by the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen showing favorites, categories, etc). How do I switch back to the browser?

1Password Version: Latest
    OS Version: iOS 11.03(?)
    Referrer: forum-search:Web browser return button obscured or gone

• Nicholas_N
    Nicholas_N
    Community Member
    Options

I think it's similar to the removal of the physical Home button on the iPhone X, but it would be great if there was "something" visual in the interface to indicate the change, otherwise it makes the learning curve confusing and frustrating for both new and longtime users.

• danaz
    danaz
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I found another thread with the answer. Long press on the bottom bar where the icons for favorites, etc., are.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think it's similar to the removal of the physical Home button on the iPhone X, but it would be great if there was "something" visual in the interface to indicate the change, otherwise it makes the learning curve confusing and frustrating for both new and longtime users.

@Nicholas_N: I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's an interesting analogy. We have some more things we want to do with the UI, but we'll see if it makes sense to have a different way to indicate the browser and/or bring it up. :chuffed:

Okay, I found another thread with the answer. Long press on the bottom bar where the icons for favorites, etc., are.

@danaz: Yep! Just tap and hold on the tab bar at the bottom of 1Password for iOS to bring up 1Browser any time. Cheers! :) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@Dakota_Drummer: 1Browser comes up when you open a link in 1Password. You can also bring it up manually at any time by tapping and holding on the tabs for Categories, Favorites, etc. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danaz: I've merged your post with another on the same topic. 1Browser comes up when you open a link in 1Password. You can also bring it up manually at any time by tapping and holding at the bottom of the screen. I hope this helps! :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Once selecting DONE from a web session, I don’t see a control in the latest IOS version to get back to the web sessions.

Indeed. It is a hard to discover feature. Just long tap anywhere on the tab bar and 1Browser will re-open (including the current session).

• Ben
    Options

Yep, it is less visible, but a long press on the tab bar (a the bottom of 1Password) will bring up 1Browser.

Thanks.

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

If I open a site via 1Password, leave 1Password to go into another app by pressing the home button then return to 1Password, I see the browser window closing. I can find no way to open that window again. This has been happening since the latest upgrade. Is there a way to not have 1Password close a browser window automatically or, a way to re-open it?

Thanks.

1Password Version: v7.0
    OS Version: iOS 11.0.3

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mskopel,

I've merged your comment into this related discussion. As previously mentioned, you can (re)open the 1Password browser (1Browser) by touching and holding anywhere in the tab bar at the bottom of the 1Password app screen.

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

Go it and now see how it works. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Bundtkate, this is probably my ignorance of iOS features, but I have no idea how
    “(I have a drag and drop addiction, so slide over + Safari is my go to on iPad)”
    accomplishes filling out credentials, leaving and returning to the same website.
    Some one please explain to me what this is. Or how do you drag and drop username, password and other data stored in 1PW from 1PW app to Safari app on iPad/iPhone?

PS: I usually just update new iOS at some point but have better things to do then study some new features. This comes to light when my usual way of doing stuff stops working, like this one.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

We’ve got a post about drag+drop here:

AgileBits Blog | Up top, drag and drop – iOS 11 super powers for your iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Great, learn something every day

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

8-)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• bfind
    bfind
    Community Member
    Options

Keep fixing it until it’s broke?

Been using 1P for years on all my devices. Tried to do some banking in app. Click on the web field, and it opens and populates user/pass normally. Click done to return to the app. There used to be a tab to return back to the browser (globe icon). You ‘fixed it’ so it no longer appears. Now I have a currently logged in and running session in a browser, but the only way to get back to the browser is to tap on the web field which opens a second browser tab at the login page. Fortunately I have my iOS device set to not auto submit the form! After about 20 minutes of switching back and forth between a spreadsheet and various bank accounts, my browser window is full to the brim with useless log in screens, and some (now camouflaged) active banking sessions.

Why ffs would you do this? What used to be a simple, intuitive task in 1P is now supremely annoying and forced me to create, verify etc a forum account to post this issue?

I am sick to death of software companies taking stable, mature products and constantly breaking core functionality as they add poorly thought out features. (Adobe anyone).

Please return some sanity to the user experience with access to the browser in 1P

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bfind

I’ve merged your question with another thread on the same subject. Please see above.

I’d recommend using the 1Password extension in Safari if you’re less than satisfied with 1Browser:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi Ben and all,
    Using drag and drop a little thanks to you guys, I like it. However, few times dropping the password I did not aligned my finger just right and my password filled into the url field on top of Safari. In addition, it did it in a way of Paste and Go style.
    So effectively my password went into the Safari search engine, for everyone to see.
    I’m more careful now looking for the green plus sign before releasing the password.
    Anything that could be done to prevent broadcasting my passwords via Safari search engine by accident?
    Thanks

PS: Now I would like this drag and drop on my iPhone, lol.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @Fairgame! I don't know that there is anything technical we can change, as Drag & Drop is an OS level feature, but we may be able to better warn users about the possibility of data getting dropped in the wrong field.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: akb-1167

• ewilcox
    ewilcox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - in the latest iOS version, it seems that I can no longer access the 1Password browser and various open pages via a button. I can only get back to the browser by activating a link in one of my logins. But if the browser is not active on my screen, I have no way of getting back to the page I was just logged into if I press the “done” button? What happened to the button with the “world” icon on it, that previously allowed me to jump back and forth between my login items and the browser? Am I missing something? Working on an iPad Pro and feeling frustrated.

• ewilcox
    ewilcox
    Community Member
    Options

And BTW, up-to-date all the way around on with my iOS, and the 1Password app. The functionality seems to have significantly changed?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ewilcox

I've merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see above.

Also I'd highly recommend checking out our integration with Safari. Most people find it more convenient than 1Browser, which was really only built because at the time we couldn't integrate with Safari. It remains as a bit of a niche, which is in part why it has been de-emphasised in the UI.

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

To access 1Browser press and hold on the tab bar at the bottom of 1Password.

Thanks!

Ben

• ewilcox
    ewilcox
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. I utilize in Safari more often than not, but there are situations when the integrated browser is way more efficient - especially when needing to utilize multiple amounts of info from 1P in a particular site/situation. Glad I can still call it up when needed - although not sure making it less intuitive was really necessary.

This discussion has been closed.