Cannot use 1password after installing from Store: Stuck on Edge welcome screen.

Options

Hi there. I just installed 1password and unfortunately I am stuck at the welcome screen. I tried removing and reinstalling it. I am on the latest Windows version (1709).

Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

1Password Version: Latest from store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @keave,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

1Password extension for Microsoft Edge, which you downloaded from the Microsoft Store, requires 1Password 6 app installed on your PC. Please follow the steps in this guide to set it up:

Get the 1Password apps (Windows)

Download 1Password app, sign in to your account there, and check if 1Password extension in Microsoft Edge works for you after that. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• keave
    keave
    Community Member
    Options

Great. It's working. Wasn't really clear that this was not the full application until I checked the installation size. However I already installed the full version from your website, but didn't configure it yet. This caused the error. After configuring the 1password application and reinstalling the extension it now works (yay!).

PS: Wasn't Windows Hello supported for opening 1password?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@keave: Good news indeed! I am glad to hear it helped. :)

Windows Hello is not supported in 1Password for Windows yet. We consider adding it in the future, but it is not that simple.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about your account or 1Password in general. We are always happy to help. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.