Here is why I'm dropping 1Password as a loyal customer

Options

Hi there,

A loyal customer here using 1Password for ages. Have purchased it for my windows, mac, ios, android and so on. Kept with the upgrades also.

I've been paying for the promise of lifetime purchase of the software. Would happily sync my passwords mac, windows, ios and android using Dropbox support.

Move on Agilebits introduces online accounts. OK, good thing for people who need an online solution without the need for maintaining the dropbox and keychain.

But guess what, existing loyal customers can not use 1Password 6. Why because Agilebits did not implement the support for Dropbox sync.

I've been waiting a year or so closely watching all the topics around and all you can see is answers from AgileBits saying how hard it's to implement local vaults / dropbox sync to 1 password 6. Every time it asked, the answer was some technical nonsense - how that they can not implement it or if they will either implement it.

OK, you know what? You lost a loyal customer.

Next time, don't lie to customers. If you have a sold a software for your customer for lifetime, you have to keep supporting it (given that we pay for the upgrade fees - which in our condition we do so).

But you clearly lie here with technical nonsense where the actual reason is you want everybody including the existing customers you sold the software for lifetime to merge to 1Password online accounts where you'll bill them for every month.

The good news is that there is a really good alternative around the corner which exactly duplicates the previous great state of 1 password.

Oh and I know that, you'll delete this topic & ban my account. But as an existing customer I still have rights to voice my ideas.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Here is why I'm dropping 1Password as a loyal customer

Comments

• PlanetWilson
    PlanetWilson
    Community Member
    Options

I am confused. I am using 1Password version 6 with Dropbox sync...it says it is 6.8.4

• PlanetWilson
    PlanetWilson
    Community Member
    Options

Aah...Windows. Yes that is problematic. I might have to look into this as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PlanetWilson: Ah, yep! 6.8.4 is the current public release of 1Password for Mac. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@bonesoul: I'm sorry for the confusion there. You can use the version(s) you purchased indefinitely, but we have never offered free upgrades for life. We haven't lied about anything, and I don't think it's fair for you to say things like that which are wholly inaccurate. Certainly you can say whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true. It's easy to be rude on the internet to people you don't know, especially when you're upset, but that doesn't make it okay to do so.

It's fine if you don't want a 1Password.com membership, but the reality is that, without one, you have not paid to use 1Password 6, so that isn't available to you. We've also already announced that 1Password 7 will support local vaults. I know that doesn't help if you've already made up your mind about AgileBits and 1Password, but just as you are free to speak your mind I think it's important to set the record straight.

I apologize if that sounds harsh, but I think the truth matters. You won't get banned for saying the things you have here — I appreciate you keeping it family friendly, in spite of telling lies about us — so if you have other concerns that need to be addressed, we're listening. Even when we have to disagree based on the facts, I'd very much like to help you if you need assistance with 1Password — especially since you've already paid for your license. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.