1Password requires re-install after every reboot

My 1Password application on Windows 10 requires re-installation after every reboot. After install, I do not see the program in the start menu, but it works until the next reboot. I have it on my work computer (Windows 7) and it works fine.

I found a forum discussion about it, which it said "The next time you boot up your PC, please open the main 1Password program first, and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. Open Chrome now and see if 1Password works better."

(Link: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/27988/chrome-extension-must-be-installed-after-every-restart-of-my-computer-1password-4-for-windows)

Then the ? (assuming this is the help menu) gives me options for social media links or Get Help online. Get help online does not lead me to Restart 1Password Helper. So I'm assuming this is an old thread from a prior version.

I'm using version 6.7.457.

Browser: Chrome version 62.0.3202.94

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @tmcribbs,

Thank you for contacting us! Let's see what is going on.

You are correct: the link you've found is about 1Password 4 for Windows. Since you are using 1Password 6, the issue is different.

Could you please provide more information about your environment, where it happens? Is it your home PC? Are you installing 1Password under your admin account? Additionally, please let us know if you are running any kind of AV/anti-malware or other security software on this computer.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.