OPW-28 activation of migrating custom icons and attachments

Hello,

I've read the release notes to the most current versions of 1Password for macOS as well as Windows 10.
For one version it said:

When importing a 1Password AgileKeychain or OPVault file, 1Password will now migrate your custom icons and attachments to your 1Password account. Note: Attachments are now shown as Documents in 1Password 6 for Windows while also linked to the parent items as Related Items. Custom Icons is not yet enabled in 1Password 6 for Windows but it will be shown in other 1Password apps including 1Password.com. {OPW-28}

Syncing custom icons and attachments is a feature that I have long been waiting for and which has been a major show stopper to transition to the 1Password cloud (away from iCloud). The release note above made me giddy with hope and yet another migration test from 1Pwd_macOS_iCloud to (a vault in) 1Pwd_macOS_1PwdCloud and from there to 1Pwd_Win_1PwdCloud confirms what the release note says. No surprise, but I wanted to make sure all custom fields and their field names are migrated as well.

Can you estimate when OPW-28 is being implemented/the sync of custom icons being activated? (Q2.2018 or Q1.2019 would be precise enough)
Is the "OPW" list an internal thing or is there a way for an end user to see the "OPW" entries?

Thank you and have a very nice day.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@maelcum: I can't give you estimates on release dates as, even if we hit the target, there's no guarantee that we will shop that feature when expected. That said, the current beta of 1Password 6 supports custom icons, so hopefully it isn't too far off. :)

Regarding attachment migration, that is supported in the current stable version, but given that we've already made a lot of improvements to that in beta as well and your interest in the custom icon feature, I think if I were you I'd hold off until both are released officially, since it sounds like those are really important to you.

Our issue tracker is not public, but it never hurts to ask about specific things like this. It's really cool that you're paying such close attention, and from your kind words I can also see how important 1Password is to you. I'm sorry that I don't have more exciting news for you right now, but it's really awesome to hear from you, and to get to tell you that we're working on this. Thanks for being awesome. We're here if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

• maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member

Thank you. Your kind answer was most helpful. And yes, this answer made me aware of how rude you were with my other question.

• Hi @maelcum,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. I'm sorry to hear that, he most likely did not meant to be that.

By the way, if you click on Show Betas option on the release notes site, you can also see what's coming in the next stable update. That's usually the best way of knowing what we're working on without an issue tracker.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please do let us know.

• maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member

Oh WOW! Great link thank you very much. :)

As brenty said "That said, the current beta of 1Password 6 supports custom icons, so hopefully it isn't too far off. :)" got my hopes up high! I'm really looking forward to this. Though I am chicken when it comes to betas, that is certainly most promising!

Thank you all for your help!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.