Key combination to trigger fill

Options

Hello,

I use 1Password6 for Windows 10 @ work. I would like to use the same combination as I do on my mac (CMD+Arrow UP). It does not seems to be compatible on Windows (CTRL+Arrow UP), is it?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thatann44: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may have changed it already, as the default for filling a login with 1Password is ⌘ \ on macOS and Ctrl \ on Windows. These are both customizable though, so you can change them to suit your preferences so as long as they don't conflict with other keyboard shortcuts. However, unless you can set your keyboard to treat the ⌘ key itself as if it is the Ctrl key, you'll still need to use ⌘ as the modifier on macOS and Ctrl as the modifier on Windows. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• thatann44
    thatann44
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty , thanks for responding. In the Windows app, if you want to modify the key, the up arrow is not detected. If you use a letter or a symbol it is. Do you know what I mean?

• thatann44
    thatann44
    Community Member
    Options

If I remove the "\" symbol and I want to use the UP arrow instead I can't, the field stays blank

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thatann44: Yep! Like I said, it isn't possible to use keyboard shortcuts that are already being captured by something else. But a little trial and error will allow you to find something that is usable on your system. Cheers! :)

• thatann44
    thatann44
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @brenty , sorry I don’t get you. Is the shortcut ctrl up used in windows ?

• @thatann44: Glad you were able to find a good resource for that! Windows has a whole mess of default shortcuts many of which I'm sure I've never used, so if one doesn't work, it being used elsewhere is nearly always a good guess. I hope you find one that works well for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.