"Trial Expired" (cant find license)

I purchased this for my mac back in 2010 and have been using it every day pretty much ever since due to my bad memory. Recently my extension disappeared from my browser (chrome) and decided I would try to launch the main app and see if it would fix it. Well when I launched it.. it said the "trial expired" which I was not under since I paid $40 back in 2010 for this. I went to the support page and tried all of the options to see if I could find my license (I cant find an email anywhere for the app apart from my paypal receipt for some reason) and nothing seemed to worked and even had instructions that didnt appear to apply to my version of the app. (it is a few years old now..) One of the options that sounded like it would have made sense was something about making a trial account of some sort but when I clicked on that it took me to some subscription page. Im not about to pay a subscription to use an app I already bought.

After looking at my extensions aswell though and getting the extension turned back on.. it says "This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy". I am wondering if that might have been the cause for it to suddenly turn off?

Anyways.. I am including a screenshot of the email receipt from 2010 to assist if it will. (blocked out personal information)

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (32010)
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@SnipersLaww: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I'm not seeing anything at all under this address, so I can't send you your license details. If you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com with your purchase information I'm sure we can track it down though. Just post the Support ID you receive here so we can find it and get back to you more quickly.

However, keep in mind that a 1Password 3 license will not work for recent versions of the app, and 1Password 3 is also not compatible with recent OS and browser versions:

1Password 3 legacy support information

So, since you're on Yosemite, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

But either way, we're here to help. :)

ref: CJC-41944-571

• SnipersLaww
    SnipersLaww
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

1Password 3 has been working fine on my current computer and for the past 7 years.. so apart from the license issue.. I really see no point in screwing my wallet over by switching to the subscription version. (not trying to sound like I am degrading the quality of the product/service.. just but with so many other "subscription" services out there.. I would rather not add another one if I dont absolutely have to) I have an email drafted up from before I wrote the post on here.. so I will just go ahead and submit it now with a link back to this thread since I am not sure what this "Support ID" is.

• SnipersLaww
    SnipersLaww
    Community Member

It seems the email was successful and I managed to get my license sent back to me again. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! It sounds like you should be all set then, but we're here if you need help. :)

This discussion has been closed.