Windows 10 Update 1Password Open Screen

Options
lagunacreek
lagunacreek
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Since the last major Windows 10 update 1Password opens and takes up the entire screen with a black background. I can enter the master password and it will close the screen and open the application OR I can hit ESC and the black screen goes away and the app opens on the desktop so you can enter the master password. Clicking cancel, open or the X does not do anything (none of the controls work). This happens every time you close the app and then reopen it.!
The attached appears on a back background.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lagunacreek: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This doesn't have anything to do with an update; it sounds like you've enabled 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Unlock on Secure Desktop. You can disable that if you wish.

• lagunacreek
    lagunacreek
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure how that happened: does it somehow get offered while you are browsing? It has been a long time since I have adjusted any preferences. However, that resolved the issue. Thanks!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helped! It's something you'd have to have configured yourself though. But you wouldn't be the first to do so accidentally! Cheers! :)

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

Is the Secure Desktop password entry scheme going to be introduced in 1Password 6?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@darrenNZ: We could add it in the future, but we still discuss it internally. Secure Desktop does not protect you if your machine has been compromised, and we don't want to give a false impression that we are able to do so. Thank you for your suggestion!

I would also recommend you to read this post in our blog about this feature in 1Password 4 for Windows to get a better of what this feature does and what doesn't.

If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to contact us anytime. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.