Going from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6, can I use my old serial number.

After doing a fresh install I tried to download 1Password and import my data but on installing it tried to make me sign in with details I didn't have.

I ended up creating a new account on 1 Password 6 and then imported my old keychain so all my data is in there now just under a new account and email, this is my old account.

Will I have to pay to use 1Password 6? How much is it? I read it might be a subscription? Should I just reinstall version 4?

This is pretty confusing, it wouldn't let me use my old account and forced me to create a new one as I didn't have the online info it was requesting.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• astrix
    astrix
    Community Member

You guys can delete this now I reverted back to 1P4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@astrix: Sorry for the confusion there! Indeed, 1Password 6 won't work with local vaults, or a 1Password 4 license. Instead, 1Password 6 is part of a 1Password.com membership, and uses an account. To be clear, you will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership already, not if you purchased a license. That’s also the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

And either way, let us know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.