How can I recover my passwords stored un 1PW Safari extension...

Options

...and not in 1PW app? They don't sync anymore since I upgraded OSX a few years ago (now: Mavericks / 1PW extension 3.9.20 / 1PW app 3.8.18).
Until now I found convenient to use only the extension to store my passwords EVEN if it didn't sync anymore with the app. When I finally tried to upgrade to 1PW 4 (app & extension), I lost all my passwords stored until now in extension 3 (extension 4 only shows what is stored in app 4). (though they exist somewhere in my Time Machine backups).

I've read a lot here and tried to move manually some db files but it ended with my Safari extension not working anymore :-((

Thanks.

1Password Version: 3.8.18
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:mavericks files location extension not syncing app

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@fredr90s: Thank you for getting in touch. If you have the 1Password 3 extension in your browser and can access your data there, please don't do anything. Generate a diagnostic report so we can determine if it will be possible for you recover your data from the old version if you didn't migrate it:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com
    Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: KGH-23733-215

• fredr90s
    fredr90s
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for replying on Xmas!
    The diagnostic app doesn't work (endless wheel of infortune...)
    I have TimeMachine backups if that can help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@fredr90s: You're welcome! Sorry about that though. Perhaps it doesn't work on Mavericks. :(

I'll shoot you an email shortly and we'll see if we can find another way to do this. I hope that apart from this you're having a wonderful Christmas yourself! :)

• fredr90s
    fredr90s
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

(I could use an older version of OSX and Safari on a new account on another machine, perform a clean install of 1PW app and extension, import the .1pif or a backup in the 1PW app, import the db of the Safari extension—that's where I need help—then merge both, which is actually my goal AND export with the app and reimport on my computer with a later version of 1PW).

Wonderful Christmas to you too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fredr90s: Sure thing! That sounds reasonable, but I wonder if there's an easier way. It sounds like you do have your data already. I had thought you only had your data in the old browser extension, but I wonder if I made an incorrect assumption. This will really be easier via email though, so we can exchange any details about your setup as needed. Please reply to me there and let me know exactly where you have your data currently and what format it's in — AgileKeychain, 1PIF, etc. — so we can come up with a solid plan of action. If we can get some diagnostics information that will be even better. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.