To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Issue: Account Access

Options
bvanlierop
bvanlierop
Community Member

Today I received an email from benty, containing all the information needed to delete my account and start over. So I after setting up my account, I was able to save my emergency kit. I downloaded both the Safari extension and the 1Password 6 Mac application. Unfortunately, I cannot log in, when I enter my master password they say it is incorrect. I logged in using Safari as a browser (which is working fine) and changed my master password to try again. However, the Safari extension and the OS X application still say that my password is incorrect, when in the browser it works fine! How do I resolve this?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bvanlierop
    bvanlierop
    Community Member
    Options

I already found the issue. Both my extension and my application are trying to login to an older account of mine, with a different email. How am I supposed to log out? I cannot find a way to remove the old account.

• bvanlierop
    bvanlierop
    Community Member
    Options

Solution URL: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/
    Description: Follow the instruction provided by the URL. Restart your machine! :chuffed:

• Jacob
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hey @bvanlierop! Glad to hear you got things sorted out. :) We're here if you have some other questions down the road.

ref: YMQ-99352-612

This discussion has been closed.