Why does 1Password for Windows no longer open a new tab in Chrome?

I just upgraded to 1Password Account. I am running version 6.8.492 with the Chrome browser. Now, when I select a login from the 1Password extension, it no longer opens a new tab. Is there an option to correct this?

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

Hello @Bearcat_83,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! :+1:

The ability to open new tabs is not implemented in 1Password 6 at the moment: we're building 1Password 6 from the ground up and we haven't implemented this specific feature yet. We are working as fast as we can to re-implement all of the previous features but it will take some time. I hope for your understanding.

I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our team. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: #867

• Bearcat_83
    Bearcat_83
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. However, it seems that what you are telling me is that I am now paying a subscription for less functionality than I had before. Hmmmmm... NOTE: I'm not trying to be difficult here, but it is frustrating that you released a product that was not fully functional.

Do you have even an estimated time frame for implementing this?

• Hi @Bearcat_83,

We do not have a timeframe, we're working as fast as we can to restore all features.

If you've only used 1Password on Windows, yes, it is incomplete compared to 1Password 4 that is a mature product. 1Password 6 is a clean (new) codebase that's being built with 1Password.com memberships in mind while we're also adding local vaults and licensing soon to replace 1Password 4 (and restoring other features that 1Password 4 had). We couldn't modify 1Password 4 to support 1Password.com, so we had to start over.

New features go into our beta updates, when it is stable and ready, it'll go out in stable update right away. If you'd like to see what's next, you can always stay tuned to our changelog site here (enable beta option).

• lingg
    lingg
    Community Member

is it still not implemented? It is kind of shame that such a "1 hour development" could not be delivered for years, moreover on my macbook it does work, so mac version has higher prio?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lingg: The only person I see who's declared it a "1 hour development". I don't see you volunteering. ;) In all seriousness though, even if it only took an hour to write the code, there's a lot more than goes into developing and testing new features. And we can't prioritize what you want just based on how "easy" you think it is. We need to prioritize the work we do based on the feedback of all 1Password users.

Also, please don't post the same thing repeatedly. That just slows down response time for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.