1Password 4 to 6 on Win7

Options

I upgraded from version 4 to 6 on Windows 7 and could see no content at all. Couldn't make it work, so I went back to v4. I have 1PW 6 on the Mac and it works fine but the actual passwords are in a local vault and are synchronized with 1PW4 for Windows and 1PW for iOS using Dropbox. I have no objection to transferring them to another vault but have no idea how to do this. Surely, it doesn't have to be done by typing the information in?

My version on the Mac is 6.8.5 (685004). Current Windows version is 4.6.2.626

Is there anything else that is required to make the MacOS and Windows PW6 versions to talk to each other? Thank you,

Magda

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

Surely, it doesn't have to be done by typing the information in?

No, it doesn't @silkenpaw .

Follow the instructions here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@silkenpaw: Where do you have all of your 1Password data currently? Whichever device is your "main" one with all of that will be the best place to migrate your data to the account as darrenNZ suggested. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions. Happy to help! :)

• silkenpaw
    silkenpaw
    Community Member
    Options

@darrenNZ, @brenty. Thank you for your help. I guess the main device is the Mac. I'll do what you suggest. Happy New Year!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy new year to you too! We're here if you need anything. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.