Error from 1Password 6 for Windows with account info changed when it is unchanged

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am getting a red box indicating the account info has changed when it hasn't. The error is being displayed from within the Chrome Extension v4.7.0.1. Doesn't always happen though.

1Password Version: 1Password Win v6.8.496
Extension Version: Chrome 4.7.0.1
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thank you for reporting this!

It is hard to troubleshoot such issues remotely, without any additional info, so I I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you see that red banner. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I would have to send IOS diagnostic report as well as I see the issue from iOS too.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I do not see any emails from you on our side. Did you send the reports? If you did, please share Support IDs that you received in a reply, so we could track them down. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg,

I have not sent in any Diagnostic report as things have been working properly so far. I will send one in when I can.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I will observe further as 1Password had auto updated to 6.8.496. I think when I had the issue 1Password was at 6.8.491 or 492.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good to know! We're here if you encounter any other issues. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

@brenty:

The error appeared again. Cannot screenshot it unfortunately as when I try to do anything, it goes to the 1Password Account screen or, lose focus. Version is at v6.8.496 (the latest version).

I doubt I am able to generate diagnostics with the red box.

• Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for writing back.

We do not present the red banners unless there are errors and all errors are internally logged first before the banner show up. The diagnostics report will have them as we maintain a log of 7 days with 1Password 6. You also can generate diagnostics anytime via the Help Menu > Generate Diagnostics report in the main 1Password window.

Note that the red authentication error banner has a default message saying that if you have changed the credentials, you should update it but it does not mean it did change, it just means 1Password experienced an error when it tries to authenticate. It may have been a temporary network glitch that prompts it. This is normal to let you know that 1Password cannot sync until this is resolved.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic Report sent: Support ID is [#GSP-15573-849]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Found your report! We will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: GSP-15573-849

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Steve has replied to my email and the conversation continues there.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem :+1: :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The red banner has appeared again and I have resent a fresh diagnostic report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I see we've got it, so we'll follow up with you there. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

If I have another possibly unrelated issue, can I just add on the diagnostic report to this current issue?

I have just come across a new 1Password for Desktop stopped work pop up. I dismissed the pop up message several times and the only way is to kill 1Password from systray. I currently am using 1Password 7.0.532.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Could you please provide more info about this new issue? Do you sign in to some of your websites and 1Password doesn't prompt you to save/update a Login?

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I killed 1Password from Systray and the problem has not returned. I have saved a diagnostic report but did not send it in. The issue is that Windows Desktop kept showing a dialog box which I dismissed but it kept returning. I have no idea what triggered it.

It you are interested, I can send in the report but it is a few days old.

I haven't had a reply from email about the new red banner I received and it has not reappeared again too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, please send it. We'll follow up via email when we can. Thank you! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

New diagnostic report sent:

[#LBP-53393-382].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Got it! Thank you kindly. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.