keyboard shortcuts

annwilderotter
annwilderotter
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi there,

I'm really sorry, that I have to rant a bit. I love 1Password. Especially the new cloud functionality, there is only one big problem that pisses me of and let me think about moving to 1Password 4 again or to something else.

I have a lot of passwords, which I need at work. Some for ssh sessions, some for Outlook, some for specific pops, for VPN and so on. My problem is, that most of them are **not ** used in a browser and I need them a lot. Which means for me, that I have to open 1Password App, navigate to that specific password, enter that password and click on that password, to copy it in my clipboard. In 1Password 4 "ctrl+shift+c" did excactly what I'm looking for. In 1Password 6 it only works on logins and there I get a context menu where I can choose what I wanna copy.

Is it planned to enable this/such a function again? Or include a thing like that?

Regards,
Annette

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.7.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2018

Hi @annwilderotter,

Thanks for writing in.

Do not apologize for sharing your feedback with us, we always want to hear from you on how we can improve 1Password for you.

If I understand you correctly, the issue is that you want to quickly copy the password from a non-Login item, is that correct? If yes, we are planning to expand this to all items in a future update, yes. In addition, we also plan to bring over AutoType from 1Password 4 as well, where you can auto type specific item into any third party app. We've just shipped a small part of it in 1Password 7.0 beta 1 that looks like this:

This should work on any items you search for in All Items within 1Password mini. The only exception is note field, they can't be copied at the moment.

• annwilderotter
    annwilderotter
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

thanks for your response.
    This small part look good, it does not solve all problems, but for now it's a solution. If this works also with a keyboard shortcut, it would be perfect. :)
    And yes, you understand it correct.

Regards,
    Annette

• Hi @annwilderotter,

You're welcome. You could technically do this with keyboard already, it's a bit of a hassle because we're dealing with some weird keyboard shortcut limitations in 1Password mini but we're planning to fix this in the future, here's how:

1. Bring up 1Password mini via Control + Alt + \
    2. Search for your item, tab to the item itself (tab is required to focus it properly) and then press Shift +F10 to bring up the context menu to copy your fields or type if you're using 1Password 7 beta 1 now.
This discussion has been closed.