"1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working" - 7.0.507

mbesemann
mbesemann
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am continuously seeing the following message pop up on my screen since the update (every 30 seconds or so):

Strangely, it does not seem to affect the app and 1Password continues to operate as normal.

1Password Version: 7.0.507
Extension Version: 4.7.0.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @mbesemann,

Thanks for reporting this.

I suspect the issue may be the Native Messaging process is crashing, it is used for connecting 1Password extension to the main app, it does not take down the rest of 1Password app if it crashes.

Our 1Password diagnostics report will collect these crash reports, could you please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT I've sent over the diagnostics report.

• MikeT
    edited January 2018

Hi @mbesemann,

I haven't seen any emails yet, is your email address in your forum profile up to date or can you give me the ticket ID that was included in the auto-reply from our BitBot.

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

@MikeT Yes my profile actually had a different email address but I've updated it to match the support ticket. The ticket ID is #LSX-53759-259.

Thanks

P.S.: I think you were right about Native Messaging, disabling it in 1Password settings got rid of the errors (but I still can't use the extension in Firefox 58)

• Hi @mbesemann,

We got your email and will reply to your email soon. It does look like something's wrong with the Native Messaging on your PC.

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

I also suddenly got 1Pass beta constantly crashing on mine PC. Already sent report.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

I got crashes after updating to today's build as well.

• @TravelSD @revanmj please check for updates, build 510 should fix that. Sorry for the trouble, it has to with file name test when attempting to secure internal connections. Sometimes folder name could be reported with mix of lowercase and uppercase letters and that lead 1Password to think something evil is trying to connect to it :) Build 510 is smarter now thanks to your reports!

• mbesemann
    mbesemann
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile All seems well with the latest build! Thanks for the quick bugfix

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know! On behalf of Sergey, you're welcome.

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

Same here, no more crashes. Thanks!

• Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

• Sault
    Sault
    Community Member

Hi,
    it is still crashing - and I am running build 519. Obviously it is not solved yet.
    I sent log files with case #VQU-59684-877

• Hi @Sault,

Thanks for sending us the log, we got it and will reply to your message as soon as possible.

The message is generic, any crashes or errors bring up the same notice and it doesn't mean it is the same issue. We've addressed most of the issues reported and they are solved for those who have reported it back then.

We'll look at your report and see what's going on.

ref: VQU-59684-877

• Sault
    Sault
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    thanks for your mail and your help. You are absolutely right, and I was able to fix the issue due to your hint.

Obviously I faced an issue with multiple Firefox installation on my PC.
    I uninstalled two Firefox installations, removed the plugin configuration in 1Password for Windows, rebooted, installed Firefox from scratch, installed the plugin and the error did not come back yet.

Thanks a lot for you help!
    1Password is the best Password Tool I ever used and your support is great!
    Thanks!!

• Hi @Sault,

You're welcome and thanks for letting us know what it was. We'll try to reproduce the crash and get it fixed properly.

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member

I'm running Chrome 64 bit version: Google Chrome is up to date. Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm getting the same issue constantly using 1Password 7.0.519.

What else can I do to help?

• Hi @srwatters,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

So when creating the diagnostics file, it results in a 9.69 GB file. Hardly something that is transmittable via email. Perhaps that is part of the issue... Any suggestions?

One log file in particular; dated 2018-01-30 appears to be the culprit. Should I just delete that file? Do you want a snippet of that monster?

• Hi @srwatters,

Thanks for mentioning that. Open 1Password 7 and go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Delete logs.

Try to reproduce the issue once more and when you do that, generate the diagnostics report, it should not be that large anymore.

Be sure to trash the 9gb report as well.

• srwatters
    srwatters
    Community Member

Done. Thank you!

• Hi @srwatters,

We got the email and will reply to it as soon as possible.

ref: ZNJ-14571-388

This discussion has been closed.