"AgileIPAgent.exe" helper using 15% to 45% of my CPU at idle

Options

I understand the need for the "Helper App" and understand why it was necessary to add many years back. But can you tell me why it is using 13% to 15% of my CPU time at the low end, and 45% at the high, while the machine sits idle? I walk into find the fans running on my PC, and AgileIPAgent using a good deal of my CPU time. What the heck is it doing, especially when I am not sitting at or using my computer? Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 7 x64
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:AgileIPAgent.exe

Comments

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled already. And yes, I have restarted. And yes, I have exited and restarted Chrome.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @MajorHavoc,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! I am sorry to hear you have issues with 1Password 4.

It is hard to say what might be going wrong with it remotely, but could you please try to open and unlock 1Password 4 and go to Help > Advanced > and make sure to put the checkmark next to "Tune 1Password for max performance"? Does it improve the situation with CPU usage?

Additionally, please let us know if are using any kind of backup apps on your PC.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks, I will check that out and let you know in a day or so, so I can monitor the change.

Other than Dropbox, no other full backup apps. My backups run from a server based service on the local network and there is a small piece of code to allow access to the files. (Retrospect]. However, that was not scheduled to run nor was the backup running at that time as the backup server was off during these times.

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MajorHavoc: No worries! That is why we are here, right? :)

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. We have another idea of might be going wrong, but let's take a step by step approach.

Looking forward to your reply! :+1:

++
    Greg

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Sorry for the duplicate. Deleted as best as possible. And I did make that change and restarted both 1P and the helper. I already see the CPU usage dropped to about 1%. Thanks. Will see if it creeps back up in the next day or so.

• @MajorHavoc: Glad to hear it's looking good so far. Absolutely keep an eye on it, though, and let us know if things change. :chuffed:

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, it seems to be using very little now. Thanks. I think that did it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MajorHavoc: Fantastic news! :chuffed: :+1: Please do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime in the future, we are always here for you.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.