Bookmarklet and New MAS App

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
I have noticed that the 1pw for iOS bookmarklet creation/syncing is no longer available on the MAS version of the app. Is this feature gone for good or will it return in a future update?

Comments

• Hi WalrusCP,

This feature is gone for good until we come up with a better way to do this. Right now, we do not have the license to use blowfish encryption that we used for the bookmarklet and since other methods are insecure at the moment, we do not want to put our users at risk by creating an insecure bookmarklet for now.

Thanks for bringing this up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Ah, ok. Thought I might be missing something when I upgraded to the MAS version, but this explains it (and makes me feel better about my sanity). It was a somewhat buggy feature, but when it worked, it was awesome. I hope you can find a new solution to this problem in the near-to-not-so-distant future.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    We used it ourselves, so it was a decision we wish we didn't have to make. However, we are working on a solution. Thanks for letting us know you would like this functionality as well! It helps us prioritize our resources to get feedback from users like yourself. :-)
This discussion has been closed.