Logging in with apps in windows 10

Options

I am a new user to 1Password so far thing seems to be working okay bar one problem, so far. I cannot save, so no auto fill, the login information for apps in windows 10. For example, the app for a brokage account which is not associated with a browser does not allow me to save the login data. I have entered the login information manually into 1Password but still cannot get it to copy the login information into the appropriate place.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @pmil2105: This is expected behavior for the moment. In a nutshell, how filling works in your browser is that the extension reads the page, figures out where you are and what fields need to be filled, sends that info to the desktop app, which gathers the proper data and feeds it to the extension to fill. Apps don't have an extension so this process doesn't work there.

That said, we're working on an entirely different way to fill in apps. It's very much a work in progress still so no guesses on when it might be ready, but it's something to look forward to. For now, I'd recommend opening mini on your task bar (click the arrow near your clock, then the 1Password icon), searching for your Login for the app, then copy/pasting from there (right-click for copy options). You can also do the same from the main app itself. Give it a try and let us know if you have questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.