Offline Changes 6.8.496 Backing Up [Blocked by inaccessible proxy]

rgutlon
rgutlon
Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just realized changes / additions I'm making though the Windows app are not syncing across devices.

From date stamps, looks like this started around Feb 5th.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? Sending in diagnostic report.

Thanks -

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:offline changes

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2018

Hi @rgutlon,

Thanks for reporting this.

This is not a known issue but something is blocking 1Password from syncing on your computer. The offline changes means that 1Password have not been able to sync these changes and it is a sign of a blockage.

Do you use a proxy, VPN, network filtering tool or anything like that?

• rgutlon
    rgutlon
    Community Member

Mike - you are correct. In the diagnostics file I noticed references to "a proxy has failed a connection to the requested host and port."

Looking under Settings - Advanced I found a proxy entry that might have been created while in our corporate office.

Once I removed the proxy information, exited the app and restarted, everything sync'd.

Thanks -

• Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

We had an alert included to let folks know about inaccessible proxy settings but we had to remove it because it would come up each time you disconnect the internet or wake up from a sleeping computer. We're trying to fix that false alert first and then get this up, so you'd know in advance on how to fix this.

• donalds4
    donalds4
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I am having a similar problem, and it also crashes after 1-2 minutes.

I don't have anything in the proxy settings.

The passwords I add in the brief time before the crash are not being uploaded - the number of offline changes just goes up. These changes are not being propagated to the web interface or other devices.

Further, after 1-2 minutes, with or without activity, the app shuts down with an error message - 1Password for Windows Desktop has stopped working. I'm using version 7.1.567 on Windows 10.

I have tried reinstalling, no help.

I just have time to get a log file saved before it crashes.

Please help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@donalds4: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! A lot has changed since February (and, frankly, 1Password 6), so the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine next steps for you:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#QFQ-99561-774]

If you’re reading this and you are not donalds4, this Support ID is for donalds4 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: QFQ-99561-774

• donalds4
    donalds4
    Community Member

Just sent it off, thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @donalds4,

Found your report and we will get back to you via email. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg