Application won't run again on Windows 10 and first time launch

Options

I have installed the app on an iMac and a Windows 7 computer with no issue. However, when I downloaded and installed the app on my Windows 10 Pro laptop (a Microsoft Surface Pro) it loaded the first time I opened the app but not after that. I get an error that says "This app can't run on your PC." I have whatever should be the most recent version since I just downloaded it a few days ago. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling a couple of times. Same result. I can launch the app once and not again after that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @hollyhock,

Thank you for getting in touch! That sounds quite strange.

Please try to do the following to find (and share) some additional logs from 1Password on your Surface Pro:

1) Reproduce the issue you described.
    2) Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password and press enter to bring up this folder.
    3) Open the data folder here and click View at the top of the folder window.
    4) Check File name extensions.
    5) You should see one or more files ending in .log here. Attach these an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com, but please do not post them here.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• hollyhock
    hollyhock
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, in that data folder there are only two files. I even made sure extensions and hidden files are viewable. There is 1Password10.sqlite and user.json. No log files.

• hollyhock
    hollyhock
    Community Member
    Options

There is a log folder at the same level as the data folder. However, it only contains a file dated two days ago (2-20-2018).

• bundtkate
    edited February 2018
    Options

@hollyhock: Apologies. We've changed the location of the logs recently to that logs folder, so you're looking in the right place. The file you mentioned will at least give us a start. Could you please send it over and post the support ID you receive as Greg described? It may be we need to look elsewhere for info, but better to check. Since this issue arose fairly quickly after you installed 1Password, it may be there are some helpful clues there. Thanks! :chuffed:

• hollyhock
    hollyhock
    Community Member
    Options

I have emailed the log file (there was only one in that directory) to the email address indicated above. The support ID that I received in return is [#LSZ-49282-413].

@bundtkate... Just a heads up that in your previous message you tagged another user with a similar username that's not me.

• @hollyhock: Doh! I saw the similar name, but usually these things are alphabetical, which would have put you first. Cursed tab key. Fixed it, thank you!

I also found your message, thanks! We'll take a look and get back with you via e-mail ASAP. :chuffed:

ref: LSZ-49282-413

This discussion has been closed.