Microsoft Edge Browser Extension Disappears

Ok i have had this problem since i installed the extension for Microsoft Edge Browser from Microsoft Store. But now i am able to narrow down what is causing the problem.

Problem Description: 1Password extension stops working on Edge Browser. I can see the button i can click it but nothing happens. Closing and reopening the browser does not fix it. Closing 1Password mini and starting again does not fix the issue. The only way to get the widget working again is to log out of Windows or Reinstall the extension from Microsoft Store.

I was able to narrow it down that the problem happens after using Bank of America website. Try logging in and out of the website multiple times and the widget will stop working.

Hope i could explain it well.

1Password Version: 7.0.519.BETA-519
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• @bshakil: That's some excellent detective work there, though I can't imagine why this might be the case. I don't have a Bank of America account myself to test this. Could you reproduce this issue and send us a diagnostics report?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Don't post your diagnostics here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this forum thread to help us "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, we can use it to hunt down your diagnostics and make sure we get back to you quickly. :+1:

Thanks! :chuffed:

• JayKu
    JayKu
    Community Member

I appear to be having the same problem though it is not related to any website. After some time, seems like a day or so, 1pass does not respond in edge. It is there but clicking does nothing. Only solution is re-boot or uninstall and re-install the extension. (Disable, enable) does not. After the last time it failed to pop up I dump a diagnostic and just emailed. I saw a report from 2017 that sounded similar and the user traced going to sleep. I don't know if that is the case.

Jay

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JayKu: Edge has some quirks, and 1Password 7.2 has some performance issues that may be affecting this as well. If you wait a minute or so after unlocking, does it become more responsive?

This discussion has been closed.