Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

I was thinking of making one of my periodic 1Password revisits (stimulated by noticing the MacWorld sale).

Have any of the lacunae mentioned above been filled yet?

In particular, equivalent domains: does 1Password (Mac and/or iOS) still require separate entries for, (eg.) iCloud.com, apple.com, apple.com.au, and manually keeping the 3 in sync when there's a password change for my Apple account?

Having one account that is used across multiple domains is so common for me (some that come straight to mind are: logmein, amazon, apple, pennytel, google apps, jetbrains), that it's the lowest hurdle that any password management system has to clear to be worth my while considering. I've had a look at the Mac client, and it looks to me like manual inter-domain syncing is still 1Password's way. Is this correct?

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

The iOS version 4 allows you to enter additional URL's for an item. They are listed as "Website 2" , "Website 3" etc. I've used it to do what you describe with my ISP, which has 2 domains (cox.com and cox.net).

This is not yet supported in desktop (which is still on V3.) It only exposes the first one.

Can't wait for v4 on the desktop!

• Hi guys,

@Chris100 got it right. You'll be able to add additional URLs to Login items to let 1Password fill in the same data across a few sites. However, it is only available in the 1Password 4 for iOS app at the moment.

The feature will make it to 1Password 4 for Mac (in heavy development now), which will also require our extensions to be updated to understand the new URL structure.

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

@Chris100 & @MikeT
    Thanks both for the replies. That's good news -- I'll be giving 1Password another serious try in that case.

• shine
    shine
    Community Member

I registered so I could ask for this feature but it looks like I've been beaten! :)

• nnppss
    nnppss
    Community Member

+1 for this feature!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

"Linked accounts" or "multiple domains per Login" is a v4 feature. It is already available in 1Password 4 for iOS and will be in 1Password for Mac soon (when 1Password 4 for Mac is released).

If you want to stay up to date, consider subscribing to the 1Password 4 for Mac Beta Newsletter.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.