1Password 4 for Windows Version 4.6.2.626

I purchased a 1Password MAC and Windows 5 user bundle for 79.96. I am on the latest windows version (4.6.2.626). Are there going to be any further updates of this software? I read on a forum response that you are not planning updates for the MAC version. I figured when I purchased this bundle I would be set and would only have to pay for major updates as they came along.

I read that you may be working on a Windows version 7 of 1Password. Is this still in play or are you completely moving away from the standalone software in preference of cloud based versions.

I have no problem paying for updates of software since this keeps the developers fed and happy. I am not keen on having all of my data on a cloud based system that I have no control of. Have you considered a scenario where we would pay to use your software but we still store locally and not in your cloud? I have no problem with a monthly charge to use quality software but I want to keep control of my data.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: local

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimmigee,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Right now we are working on two major updates for 1Password on both platforms (Mac and Windows). 1Password 7 will support both standalone licenses with local vaults and 1Password accounts, so you will be able to use it the way you used to. Beta versions of both apps are already out, so please check them out:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

The 1Password 7 Beta for Mac Is Lit and You Can Be, Too

Please let me know if it helps and answers your question. If you have more of them, please keep them coming. We are always ready to help. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.