Woohoo, Markdown editing of Secure Notes is here!

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

While I've not asked for this a few years, thank you for adding Markdown editing of Secure Notes. Now, once we get this on the other platforms (iOS and Windows for me), it's going to be awesome!

PS: @MikeT Sorry for stealing your "format" (from Nested Tags), but I really enjoyed your enthusiasm about your companies product :wink:

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Haha, yay! Markdown is pretty awesome. It is great to finally have it in 1Password. :)

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options

Do tell - any specs on the markdown variant used? I have a few password managers I'll update to accommodate markdown.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@MrC, I believe we do plan to share our markdown flavor once we're closer to the stable release. It's not any specific known variant as we do have to consider security issues like; (1) no inline image support to prevent pulling remote files and (2) disable any HTML rendering by default.

@XIII Ha! 😸

Well, almost all of us were 1Password users before we were hired here and part of the reasons we keep pushing 1Password to be better is because we're 1Password users too. A lot of us wanted to use Markdown and Nested Tags (saved searches is next on my list) after we phased out folders.

This discussion has been closed.