Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • sky19ers
    sky19ers
    Community Member

I can't resolve this. I'm in Mountain Lion (10.8.5) and Safari 6.1. I've tried several combinations of deleting 1Password.safariextz from the Extensions folder, Command-Option-Q, uninstalling the extension, and resetting Safari. I never used Private Browsing, but I tried turning it on and off and more of the above deletions and restarts, in this troubleshooting process. Any other clues for me?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sky19ers,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with the Safari extension. In order to get a better idea of what's going on here, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• earthling97
    earthling97
    Community Member

I am running OSX 10.8.5, 1Password 3.8.21, and Safari 6.1. Today I suddenly got a "Problem with your Database" error when trying to use the Safari extension. The only thing I did recently (today) was to reset Safari because it was displaying some pages strangely. Maybe a coincidence. Anyway, I've tried quitting Safari but that didn't help. Any advice?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthling97,

Please see the post here "Problem with database" in v3 extension in Safari. Although it mentions Mavericks, the issue is more related to Safari, so I'd like you to give the suggestion there a try and see if it helps!

• earthling97
    earthling97
    Community Member

Thank you! This fixed the problem. I've been working without the extension recently and I really missed it! (I had seen those instructions but since I thought it only pertained to Mavericks I didn't try it.) I appreciate your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @earthling97,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get things working again! I'd be rather lost without the extension, so I feel your pain ;)

If you run into any other snags, please let me know - we're here to help!

• billcilla
    billcilla
    Community Member

I cannot get 1Password (3.8.21) to add its extension in Safari (7.0) on Mavericks (10.9). I have just updated to Mavericks from 10.5.8.
    1Password keeps asking me "Install Safari Extension?" but when I click "Install Now" it takes the box away but does nothing. I have checked out your "Problem with database" posting but that hasn't helped. In ~/LibrarySafari there is no Extensions directory and in ~/Library/Safari/Databases there is nothing starting "safari..." or anything with "agile" in the name. Thanks for any help.

• Bison00
    Bison00
    Community Member

Hi. I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. There are so many threads (open and closed) devoted to this topic I'm not sure which is the correct one.

I'm having the same problems others are having. My 1Password extension has not been not working for several weeks. I get the error messages saying that database is not available with the red badge. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension multiple times hoping the bug would be fixed but it hasn't. I've followed the directions here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17249/problem-with-database-error-in-safari-in-os-x-mavericks

Disabling private browsing did not solve the problem.

But the problem still persists. I have 1Password ver. 3.8.21, Safari version 7.0 and am using OS X 10.9. 1Password is not much use without the extension. Please help!

• karlhall
    karlhall
    Community Member

I am having pretty much the same issue. I have an iMac, running 107.5 OX, Safari 6.1 and 1Password 3.8.21. I get the "problem with database" with the "extension database not available. I have followed all the instructions about quitting, restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling extension, etc. I see khan's post and I too thought it only related to Maveriks but when I tried to do what he said, got stopped at step 3. "file not found". Any suggestions? I did have private browsing enabled but not it is not. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really miss using my extension. BTW my wife uses 1Password too and she has no problem like this on her iMac (same systems) or her iOS devices. Really like 1Password and hope this can be resolved quickly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @billcilla, @Bison00, and @karlhall,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the Safari extension. Thanks for confirming that you've tried the previous help steps :) Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.