Cannot switch from subscription trial to license

philkim
philkim
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I installed 1Password 7 beta with 30-day subscriptions trial to see how things look. Now I want to purchase and switch to the license mode. So I removed 1Password.com account and now the app simply crashes when I open existing 1Password 6 iCloud.com vault and type in the master password.

If I re-launch the app, the app cannot be made to quit (other than force quit).

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Please try creating a new standalone vault and then syncing that with iCloud, instead of opening the vault in iCloud from the welcome screen.

Ben

• philkim
    philkim
    Community Member

Thanks. It's rather confusing, but I was able to create a standalone vault, then go to Preferences then Sync to combine.

Still, it's not without issues. My 1Password 6 setup had several Dropbox vaults. I had to add them manually as 1Password 7 does not restore 1Password 6 setup.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@philkim - thanks for the feedback, and glad you were able to get things resolved.

• kjfleez
    kjfleez
    Community Member

After attempting to reinstall 1p7 a few times on Mac, at last I was able to choice either I want to purchase the license standalone or Trial. I accidentally pressed Trial - I would want to press the purchase license. I then removed everything 1P7 includes the other stuff in the library all over again. After restart Mac, I see 1P7 appear in the application folder that I just already removed. I did not understand it comes back to the application folder. I was hoping it would allow me to purchase the license when launching 1P7, but it is still trial. I continued removing and restarting machine and still same issue. Very frustrate! Before I removed it once more, I decided to browse the new 1P7 and I did not see "Sync" that I would like to use with iCloud. How come?

• kjfleez
    kjfleez
    Community Member

Never mind...I finally figured it out and the problem is solved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kjfleez - glad to hear you were able to figure things out on your own! Let us know if you have any further questions or issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.