Nested Tags - how to do right?

gnarreb
gnarreb
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

The nested tags work in one direction, but how to get back into linear order?
Unfortunately I did not understand Dave's instructions on the nested tags. So I just went ahead on an existing tag and added the "/" at the beginning.

• Oops, new structure created. Second time some more. How can I get rid * this mess (s. Screenshot)?
  • and really bad: that nested structure is just applied to one of my vaults and not across all vaults (which I'd really prefer)

Looking forward to your help!

Thomas

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-3 (70000003) AgileBit
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.4 Beta (17E197a)
Sync Type: Family team

Comments

• Hi @gnarreb ,

If you type a / character in a tag, it'll nest everything after that. So if you previously had tags with /, this is what happened. Unfortunately, the ability to un-nest them isn't quite ready yet (other than editing each item manually), but it is coming. So, I hope you can wait a bit longer, we will have a fix for this.

If it's not a lot of items though, you can just edit each item, delete the tags with / in them, and enter a new tag. Just don't use / if you do not want them to nest.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Hi @ag_kevin
    Sorry for the name, the systems insists on adding the "SayHi". [fixed by AgileBits]

I was just playing with a few items and it was no problem to modify them back.
    No need to apologize, after all this is Beta!

Funny: in different views the items had a "//" at the beginning and the end.

I will wait for you you guys to fix that.....

Thomas

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gnarreb

Sorry for the name, the systems insists on adding the "SayHi".

That's because you probably tried to use just Kevin after the @ symbol. Our Kevin is @ag_kevin. The person you mentioned is actually a forum user...but not our Kevin. They're probably looking at their inbox and wondering why they got mentioned in a thread they weren't a part of. :) No worries, not a big deal.

Glad things weren't too difficult for you to fall back on, and thanks for your patience with Tags as we move toward launch of the stable version. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.