Password Generator does not work

gnarreb
gnarreb
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I am changing a password in an application (known to 1PW) I can not invoke the password generator. Right mouse click opens the context menu, but "1Password" just remains quiet. When I click on "1Password to get to the Generator" nothing happens.

Thomas

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-3 (70000003) AgileBit
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.4 Beta (17E197a)
Sync Type: Family team

Comments

• Hi gnarreb,

If you use click on the icon in the tool bar, or in the menu bar to bring up 1Password mini, does the password generator work then?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

Yes. Both Icons (toolbar and Safari ) work.

Thomas

• OK thanks, we'll look into that. Seems like the context menu just isn't activating mini.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member

@ Kevin
    5 Weeks later and automatic filling of 1Password gets more and more ridiculous. "Mini" (the one in the toolbar) does never work, keyboard shortcut which used to be so reliable in the past does not work most of the time, the icon to the left oft the URL works 1 out of 10!!! Please fix this!

Thank you

Thomas

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that. We're working on some changes that may help in a future beta, and you're welcome to use the stable version of 1Password 6 in the mean time if using prerelease software is getting in the way of your workflow. Thanks!

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member

Brenty, thanx for the update. I have my main machine back on 1PW 6.

What I do not understand: the problemhas been growing worse in the past weeks.

Thomas

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, there's been a major effort to improve things with the Safari app extension, but we're just finding more bugs and limitations as we go. We may have a stop-gap measure in place soon, but there's a lot of work yet to be done to get it where it needs to be. Feedback from you and others has made a huge difference, as I'm not sure we would have seen all of the rough edges without a larger pool of people testing it, so thank you very much for that. In spite of some pain in the short term, it will help us make it better for everyone in the long term. :blush:

• gnarreb
    gnarreb
    Community Member

8-) 8-) 8-)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.