Hiding the sidebar collapse tab

Kristaps
Kristaps
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I wish I could hide the tab that shows on hovering over the sidebar, which allows us to collapse the sidebar. Instead of the tab, I would prefer if the sidebar worked like in MacOS' Messages app, where once you drag-resize the sidebar to be small enough, it collapses to show only icons, by itself.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Hi @Kristaps ,

Hmm… good point. I'll pass that along to the rest of the team. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

The constant popping in/out is driving me crazy.....short trip. Please let us turn this OFF.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• simonlawrence
    simonlawrence
    Community Member

I agree, the constant appearance/disappearance of this toggle becomes annoying very quickly.

Also, it covers the scroll bar, which just doesn't appear to me as good UI/UX design.

I wonder if it is even necessary. Why not depend entirely on the "Collapse/Expand Source List" menu bar item?

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I definitely concur with the OP. The tab popping in and out is simply unnecessary and annoying. No need to complicate things but creating some option to show/hide that tab. Just lose it altogether and allow us to do this simply by resizing the sidebar with a drag.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for weighing in @OAW. :)

This discussion has been closed.