safari extension not working with 1PW 7 beta

dtoub
dtoub
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've reinstalled the beta Safari extension, restarted Safari multiple times but nothing happens. Thoughts? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.0 beta 1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension not working with beta 7

Comments

• Hi @dtoub! To use 1Password 7 with Safari, you'll need to install the old 1Password extension, even if it's the beta one. 1Password 7 includes its own extension which will look like this in Safari's Preferences:

Also, make sure 1Password 7 is in your /Applications folder, and try restarting your computer if it's still not working. :)

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Thanks. 1PW7 is indeed in /Applications, and I've downloaded and installed the non-beta version as well (turning off the beta version) but nothing is working. When I finally get the old one to do something when I restart Safari, it keeps searching forever for 1PW and never finds it. What finally got this working on my wife's computer, oddly, was an installer-based version of the extension, but I'm not sure where I found that.

• @dtoub,

There isn't a separate extension anymore. It is baked into 1Password 7. So installing anything other than 1Password 7 and enabling the extension as your screenshot shows isn't going to work. The old extension will only talk to 1Password 6, so its not helping you here. It will actually cause Safari to remove that old extension when you launch Safari.

Rudy

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Yeah, that's what I thought (which is why reinstalling the old non-beta extension would cause it to disappear upon relaunching Safari, as I expected). But the bottom line is that I can't uninstall the extension from Safari since, as noted, it's part of 1PW7. But clicking the 1PW extension button does nothing even after restarting my system. Do I need to then remove 1PW7 and reinstall it to get the Safari extension functional? Thanks

• @dtoub,

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

It should hopefully be apparent to me from the logs where this is going sideways.

Rudy

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Thanks. Here you go: #CMC-87726-154.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

OK, fixed! Apparently when I initially had downloaded the beta yesterday, I opened it the first time from Downloads and then moved it to /Applications. That screwed everything up. I deleted 1PW7 entirely, redownloaded the beta (now beta 3) and installed it by moving the installer to /Applications (it wouldn't install until I had done that). All good now. Thank you.

• @dtoub,

10.13.4 will further improve part of the SAE experience as well when it and the accompanying Safari update for 10.12 lands.

Rudy

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

That would be good. I'm already running 10.13.4 and Safari 11.1, FYI...

• @dtoub,

That's good to hear!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.