A compilation of little Bugs in 1Password 7 Beta

jxsl13
jxsl13
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,
after updating to the Beta of 1Password 7, I may have encountered a few bug:
After restarting the macbook today, I get an error, which I can only read until: Backup failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 ....
This can also be caused by me going to the Preferences -> Backups -> Click on the Save Now button.

Moreover this forum's image attachment seems quite buggy and not usable in google chrome.(after saving the draft and reediting it afterwards I could click the icon with the image attachment and it actually popped up.(Drag 'n' Drop also works :sunglasses: ))

The resizing of the preferences window seems quite weird, depending on the content of the window/view. I think it should stay at a size, where all of the tabbed/subcategory icons are visible and only get bigger if needed, but not smaller than that size and hiding the icons with the ">>" button.
These screenshots illustrate my point, where the actual menue content shrinks due to the now clicked menue icon having not enough content to fill the width the menue needs to show all the icons:

Some of the preferences are buggy and do not correctly show their content:

The extensions show these weird grey boxes in the background, which, I think, will hopefully be replaced by the normal background as they really do not look good, even if they were not buggy and had round corners.

Comments

• jxsl13
    jxsl13
    Community Member

backup bug was fixed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

After restarting the macbook today, I get an error, which I can only read until: Backup failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 ....

This can also be caused by me going to the Preferences -> Backups -> Click on the Save Now button.

backup bug was fixed.

@jxsl13: Thanks for the update! It sounds like 1Password couldn't save to the backup folder. perhaps a permissions issue.

Moreover this forum's image attachment seems quite buggy and not usable in google chrome.(after saving the draft and reediting it afterwards I could click the icon with the image attachment and it actually popped up.(Drag 'n' Drop also works :sunglasses: ))

It definitely works in Chrome (trust me, I'm here a lot), so it's probably one of your other extensions that's interfering. But yeah, drag-and-drop FTW. :sunglasses:

The resizing of the preferences window seems quite weird, depending on the content of the window/view. I think it should stay at a size, where all of the tabbed/subcategory icons are visible and only get bigger if needed, but not smaller than that size and hiding the icons with the ">>" button. These screenshots illustrate my point, where the actual menue content shrinks due to the now clicked menue icon having not enough content to fill the width the menue needs to show all the icons:

Yep, definitely room for improvement there. Thanks! :)

The extensions show these weird grey boxes in the background, which, I think, will hopefully be replaced by the normal background as they really do not look good, even if they were not buggy and had round corners.

This is referenced in the known issues in the announcement:

The on-screen presentation you will see today when editing an item is still a work in progress, but we were so excited about the awesome new item detail view that we wanted it out in this first beta.

It's something we'll be addressing with the new item details view. Stay tuned! ;)

This discussion has been closed.