High Sierra 10.13.4 public release and 1Password B4 removes Safari Extension

Options
Dianeoforegon
Dianeoforegon
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I updated to High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199). After restarting 1Password updated to 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-4 (70000004).
When I opened Safari, there was no extension for 1Password. I selected to install browser extension from 1Password but nothing happened. I next selected to install from Safari preferences. This downloaded v4.7.1.b2. I double clicked to install but nothing seemed to happen. I went back into Safari Preferences and found a window asking if I trusted the extension. The Safari extension is installed but now fails to work.

Next step was to quit Safari, then press Command Control Option Q to quit 1Password and the mini.
Launched 1Password then opened Safari. Got a message to trust the extension. Installed 1Password 7.0 Beta 4.
All is well.

(Note: looks like you have changed version naming in B4.)

Hope this helps others with the new updates to macOS and 1Password.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-4 (70000004) AgileBit
Extension Version: 1Password 7.0 Beta 4
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password subscription

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Dianeoforegon,

The separate installable extension has zero interaction with 1Password 7 and installing it will cause you to need to restart Safari to allow Safari to get rid of it on behalf of the native extension included inside of 1Password 7. The separate installable extension has no way to talk to 1Password 7 anymore.

Rudy

• adviladic
    adviladic
    Community Member
    Options

So now what are we to do?

• rudy
    Options

@adviladic,

I'm not sure what you mean. If you've got Safari 12 and 1Password 7.2.1 you've got the two things you need in order for 1Password to work in Safari.

• adviladic
    adviladic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Rudy, thank you for the response. I have already upgraded to Mac 10.13 and in the process have already updated to 1password 7.2. My system cannot handle Mac 10.14. One password tells me I can’t go back because my data has been changed. 1password website says that it is compatible with anything above Mac 10.12. If I would’ve known it was not compatible I would not have upgraded. Also I cannot use Firefox Or chrome because of incompatibility issues. I cannot afford to upgrade my hardware. We really need a resolution from 1Password. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adviladic: I'm not sure I follow. 1Password for Mac version 7.2 does not require macOS 10.14. Can you tell me what the problem is? Are you receiving some sort of error?

• adviladic
    adviladic
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Everyone.
    Thank you for the support, I am back online. However, I had to go to Apple developer to get Safari 12 to work with High Sierra. This information was not clear when statement to upgrade to 7.2 came up. it was very frustrating. I would suggest you saying if your system cannot work with Mojave and you need to stay with high Sierra, down load Safari 12 from Apple developer because of the extension modification issue. nonetheless, thank you for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adviladic: Please stop posting the same thing in multiple places. This is a very old discussion which isn't at all relevant to the current versions of macOS, 1Password, or Safari, so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.