Buying 1Password 7 Standalone at beta discount without standalone vault?

dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Is there or will there be an option during the beta to buy 1Password 7 at beta pricing but without adding a standalone vault now? I like to own the standalone version even though I have Families and Teams licenses, but there doesn't appear to be a way to buy at the beta pricing without creating a standalone vault, which I don't want (already have too many between the two subscriptions :-) Can you add a button in preferences or something in an updated release to buy anyway during the beta and feed my obsession? :-)

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: Teams & Families

Comments

• @dszp,

I don't believe there are any plans to add a button as we've found that making all the options available leads to people buying the license when they meant to subscribe and vice versa.

If you open your ~/Library/Group Containers/ folder you should find a 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits folder. If you quit 1Password completely, and rename that folder so that launching 1Password creates a new one and go down the path of creating a standalone vault, it should let you go down the path of purchasing a standalone license. Export the created sw license item w/ its license file attachment out to 1pif. quit everything again, and swap your original folder back to its rightful place as 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits and you should be ready to import that license item back into your working vault.

Rudy

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@rudy Thanks, I will do that this weekend! I totally get not adding a button. I can pull off the library switcheroo. It's not quite as fun as typing some 5-key secret combination to activate a hidden menu, but should accomplish the same thing ;-)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.