Reverted back to 1Password 6..too many problems with 1P 7

Gilles9
Gilles9
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Trying to change my shortcut for quickfill, shows nothing in the field ( OK I have French Canadian keyboard and I am trying to use "à" which always worked previouly)
Quickfill on a website often gives me no response ( does not fill ) maybe related to the "à" used as a shortcut

The icon in the Finder's menau bar sometime just "freezes" when clicked on, gets blue and no response to subsequent cicks ( need to use ( click) Safari icon to fix it)

other irritant: It bounces in the Dock, why this behavior, it is invase for nothing, never seen this before
updates by itself, well it was nice before to get a message/notification about update, but seeing it is already updated and launched when I get back to my Mac is annoying, sometimes no need to unlock 1P

so not very stable....I'll wait for a while...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Gilles9! No problem. Thanks for trying it out. :) Hope to see you again soon.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Just another point
    You should ensure 1P 7 deletes 1P6 when installing
    (at one point I had both running at the same time, somehow confusing)

Thanks

• @Gilles9 That would be fantastic, but unfortunately it's not possible with the installer 1Password 7 uses. That's only used to install software on your Mac, not remove anything that's already on it. I'll chat with the team about some other methods for preventing two versions after the upgrade — I agree it's necessary.

This discussion has been closed.