Licensed V6 to Trial V7

RyanPoirier
RyanPoirier
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I went through the install/upgrade on two macs and my iphone.

Now I have triple the items. I'm guessing when it first sets things up, scans my dropbox vault, it reimports everything and doesn't check for already existing or duplicate items?

Does this subscription thing not use Dropbox anymore?

1Password Version: 7 Beta
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4 / iOS 11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• RyanPoirier
    RyanPoirier
    Community Member

I should clarify,, I do indeed have 3 identical copies of every item. Doesn't matter the type.

• RyanPoirier
    RyanPoirier
    Community Member

If this subscription vault is different from my "old" dropbox vault, maybe I should nuke it from orbit and try again?

I don't see a "search and destroy duplicates" option.

• Hey @RyanPoirier! Sorry about that. You mentioned in your first post that your sync type is Dropbox. Are you still using that to sync as well as a 1Password membership, or are you just using a membership now? If you have a membership, open https://start.1password.com/signin and sign in to your account there. Let me know if your items are also duplicated there.

• RyanPoirier
    RyanPoirier
    Community Member

I'm not entirely sure. As of yesterday Morning, I had a Dropbox-based vault. But then I downloaded the 7 Beta. and it went through the install process. I decided to click on trail mode to see if I hated the membership subscription thing or not. At some point the setup asked me about my existing vault, which I directed it to. I don't know what it did after that.

On the other two devices, I went through the same exact process. Though there was one exception, but I'd have to repeat the install process to tell you what I did... something regarding a back button. maybe it was to exit out of the trial info screen.

I sign in onto that website and yes I've got 3 copies or more of everything. (I remember seeing something like "my.1password.com")

• RyanPoirier
    RyanPoirier
    Community Member

So I have no idea if this is still using my Dropbox vault or not. But it's all in that website.

• Jacob
    edited April 2018

@RyanPoirier Okay good to know. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: QIG-87658-857

This discussion has been closed.