Issue opening attachments on Passports (other types too)

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a Passport that was imported from version 4 local vault.
The attachments show up (pdf) or at least they are listed.
However when I click the attachment instead of opening the attachment I'm immediate taken to the 1st item in All items view.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mtissington,

Thanks for reporting this. This is a bug that we will fix soon. If you try again the second time, it should prompt to save the file.

Let me know if it doesn’t.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

No it doesn't work a second time either.

The Passport has links to pdfs in Documents. I click on the link, the second column in the main window, changes to All Items (at the very least it should either change to Documents or stay on the Password item) and the first item in All Items is shown on the right side.

After clicking on the attachment link in Passport (or other item) I would expect to see ONLY the right window change to enable me to download the attachment.

• Hi @mtissington,

Right, the problem is related to our code with selecting the first item in the all items list. It is not supposed to change the sidebar but show you the Document item in the item list and in the details column, the Document itself that you just clicked on.

Unfortunately, there’s a side effect with our selection code where it selects the first item each time you change view and this time, it didn’t skip selecting first item, where it was supposed to select the Document item.

We’ll get this fixed soon. For now, you can select Documents on the sidebar to find the item you want.

This discussion has been closed.