"Autosave exclusions" not migrated

ObiKaiKenobi
ObiKaiKenobi
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

just a miner problem or idea:

I think it might be helpfull if existing "Autosave exclusions" would be imported/migrated to 1P 7.
Cumming from 1P 4 thats the only thing im realy missing.

THX

PS: Oh, and an tray-icon that indicates, that the vault is locked... ;-)

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 1709
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ObiKaiKenobi: Woohoo!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Anyway, that's an interesting idea. I'm not sure we'll be able to do that given other development demands, but you should be able to migrate your list much sooner than we'd be able to try to automate it. You can find 1Password 4's autosave exclusion list in the registry here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Agile Web Solutions\1Password\Ignore

If you right click that folder and Export, that will allow you to save it to a text file, and you could then copy and paste (with a few minor edits) into Settings > Browsers in the new version. Does that help?

And thanks for the notification icon suggestion. I'm not sure we have that much flexibility since 1Password is now a single app that runs primarily in the notification area. It's helpful that it's recognizably 1Password, and trying to superimpose a smallish lock icon there won't read well on many systems. But it's something we'll continue to evaluate. :)

• ObiKaiKenobi
    ObiKaiKenobi
    Community Member

No Prob... ;)

Great to hear and thanks for the tip.

CU

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! I'm sorry we don't have a way for the app to migrate those for you, but it's never come up before...and frankly we've got a lot of cool features we need to add to the new Windows app yet. Thanks for participating in the beta, and have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• One thing you might want to do is copy the list into a Secure Note item to save it. When on a different computer, you can sync 1Password first and copy/paste the list into the auto-save exclusion settings.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Huh. That's a good idea, Mike. I should have thought of that...

This discussion has been closed.