Firefox addin not enabled

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The ability to enable Native Messaging support seems to have gone from the latest build of 1Password 7.
Now when I install the browser extension to firefox the icon in the toolbar is always disabled.
I have also tried to install the beta extension and that does not work.

Firefox is the latest 64-bit version.

How do I get the browser extension to work?

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @mtissington,

Thanks for writing in.

That is because 1Password 7 will only support Native Messaging, it'll force it at every launch, and there's no need for the separate settings that can't be changed.

If it is disabled, it is not related to Native Messaging support unless you have 1Password 4 interfering with 1Password 7.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

1Password 4 was installed but has been uninstalled.

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @mtissington,

Restart 1Password 7 completely if you haven't done a reboot, restart Firefox, and see if it works.

To restart 1Password 7, go to the 1Password menu > Exit before reopening it.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Restart of laptop fixed it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtissington,

Great news! I am glad to hear that reboot has resolved the issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.