1PW7 Visual Studios unhandled exception error

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Was trying to auto-complete a log in, and a number of application error messages kicked off. I have Visual Studio installed, so I took as many screen shots as possible of the debugging messages. Detailed exception handling error message as follows:

System.AggregateException occurred
HResult=0x80131500
Message=One or more errors occurred.
Source=
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at AgileBits.OnePassword.NativeMessagingHost.Run(String[] args) in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\NativeMessaging\NativeMessagingHost.cs:line 44
at AgileBits.OnePassword.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\code\onepassword-rt\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\Program.cs:line 76

Inner Exception 1:
InvalidOperationException: Failed to start 1Password and open pipe.

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Superfandominatrix thanks for the error details, browser successfully launched Native Messaging process, which in turn supposed to launch/connect to the main app (also starting from the same 1password.exe, just different role). But it's not clear what stopped 1Password from starting. Can you please send us Diagnostics Report so we can investigate?

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile sure... I submitted the diagnostic report a bit ago. In terms of what I was trying to do with 1PW7 when the error message appeared, I was in Firefox, clicking the 1PW7 mini icon with the objective of creating a generated password. 1PW7 mini was not opening. Me being impatient, was clicking the icon more than once every 10 seconds or so trying to figure out what was going on. 1PW7 mini never opened.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Superfandominatrix,

Thank you for the report! I've found it on our side, we will take a closer look and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: CFL-95454-513

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

We may have a fix for this coming soon in the next beta update. I'll follow up as soon as it is released and hopefully, you can give us good news.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@MikeT @Greg Cool. Fortunately this error only occurred 1-2 times. Question for you, did I get the right info out of Visual Studio for you guys or is there a better trick in VS for more precise debugging info? I only have VS on my machine because I was playing around with VS as an alternate IDE for R/RStudio, so I was best guessing as I took screen shots.

• Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Yes but it is also included in 1Password diagnostics report, you could email us your 1Password diagnostics report next time to save the time.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@MikeT Okay good tip. I will stick to the 1PW7 reporting tools. Impressed with the comprehensiveness of your diagnostics :-)

• Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Thanks, we try to learn from every customer we help and ensure no one ever see the same issue again but when it is an external factor, we can only work around it or explain how to work with it. The diagnostics report is the result of that, we do have a bit of a backlog in adding more information to the diagnostics report but you can expect it to get better in time.

Who knows, some days, it may lead to a proactive tool that can educate users in real time when they install something that may interfere with 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.