beta does not let us *create* a local vault?

imthenachoman
imthenachoman
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is it just me or does the beta not let us create local vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi guys,

Thanks for writing in.

That is correct, you cannot create a brand new standalone vault just yet. It is listed as a known issue for beta 1 and will be added in a beta update soon. Please do review the known issues for other issues you can expect to see in the first beta update.

For now, beta 1 is limited to opening existing standalone vaults. If you have other 1Password apps install, use them to create a new OPVault and then add it in 1Password 7.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Mike, I went back into 1P4 and created a second vault so that I could try something. How do I get that second vault into 1P7? Both are sitting in Documents/1Password as opvaults but only one shows in 1P7.

• Hi @Andrew42,

Open the 1Password Menu to select Open vault on this PC.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Right, but the vault is not there to select. That’s my point.

• Hi @Andrew42,

I'm not sure I understand, you don't see any OPVault folder to select from your Documents > 1Password directory?

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

When I am in 1P7, in All Vaults, On this PC, I only see my main 1P vault I do not see the secondary vault that I created in 1P4, (after I had installed and run 1P7) and which is shown in Documents/1Password. I sync via Dropbox, if that is any help.
    To make it clear, when I understood that we cannot create new vaults in 1P7 at this time but that existing vaults in 1P4 would transfer to 1P7, I went back a create a new vault in 1P4 because I would like to test some things in 1P7 that I cannot do with my existing and original vault. It is this second vault created in 1P4 after I had installed and run 1P7 using my original 1P4 opvault, that is not showing up in 1P7 as an available vault.

• Hi @Andrew42,

1Password 7 is not monitoring your system for new vaults, meaning it does not automatically pick up any new vaults on your drive. 1Password 4 is not involved any shape with 1Password 7.

When you create a new vault in 1Password 4, you do have to manually add it to 1Password 7 via the 1Password Menu > Open vault on this PC.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Got it. Thank you. I had not realised that.

• You’re welcome.

It may be something we add in a future beta update, though.

This discussion has been closed.