Duplicate Vault Names - How to distinguish?

itisilefunk
itisilefunk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi.

I have 2 vaults, one on Dropbox and one on local drive.

I have moved to 1Password version 7 and I see both vaults listed, but they are both named "1Password".

Are there any plans to add a location to the vault name, or allow people to rename the vault (dropbox and local etc) so it is easy to see the different vaults?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox and none

Comments

• @itisilefunk vault name is taken from a folder name when you open that vault. Just remove vault from 1Password (in Vault Menu, right click on vault name), rename folder to "Something.opvault" and open it again, you should see "Something" as vault name.

• itisilefunk
    itisilefunk
    Community Member

Hi @SergeyTheAgile - superb answer. All seems fine now. Thanks.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Just to add some additional thoughts here, if you by chance have the membership, you can add an icon to a cloud vault for more of a visual cue rather than the layout one. E.g., I have an archive vault and the icon is a set of stacks at the library. Work vault is our logo (and works at that size) personal is a favorite avatar. Has to be done via the web ui

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi guys,

Just to clarify, we do plan to fix this to disallow opening identical-named vaults but giving you the option to rename on the fly.

Adding custom vault icons are going to be added for both 1Password memberships and standalone vaults in a future update to 1Password on Windows.

ref: OPW-2039

This discussion has been closed.