Custom shortcut key not working on Windows Beta to fill in password in browser

Gregs
Gregs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just installed 7.0.532.BETA on windows and I can't get my shortcut key CTRL + ` to work in the browser extension.

There appears to be no setting for it any more in version 7.
In version 4 I used CTRL+` because that allowed me for one-handed password fill, as some of my keyboards do not have right CTRL button.

1Password Version: 7.0.532.BETA
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10.0.16299.309
Sync Type: local
Referrer: forum-search:shortcut key

Comments

• neoraptor
    neoraptor
    Community Member

I noticed the same problem with the same version (7.0.532 Beta).

• Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you open the main 1Password app, go to the 1Password Menu > Settings and in the General tab, do you have Show 1Password mini using Cntl + [Alt+] set to `? If not, change it to ` and restart 1Password, it should then work with your preferred keyboard shortcut.

Right now, 1Password is limited to one setting for both showing 1Password mini and Fill Login on current website (_Control + and Control + Alt + _) but we plan to change this completely in a future update.

• oksoftware
    oksoftware
    Community Member

Hi, is there expected some special settings in Windows to get 1Password shortcut (Ctrl+\ ) working? I use Czech keyboard layout and with 1Password 7 it simply does nothing. There was no problem in 1Password 4. I installed this new version on three different computers and it doesn’t work on neither of them.
    I tried to add US layout as a second keyboard, but it didn’t help.

• neoraptor
    neoraptor
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the tip, it works now as intended.
    As you said, it would be nice to be able to have 2 separate shortcuts for 1Password and 1Password Mini.

If I remember correctly, it was possible in 1Password 4 (and I also could use all keys for the shortcut: shift and/or control and/or alt + number or letter or character).

• Hi @neoraptor,

You're welcome.

Yes, it is possible to do that in 1Password 4. It is just that 1Password 6/7 is a clean codebase where we start over from scratch and rebuild many of the best parts of 1Password 4 to be better and faster while adding more features that wasn't possible to add to 1Password 4.

We do plan to support full shortcut customization as well as adding more options.

• Hi @oksoftware,

I've merged your thread into this one as it is related. Can you check 1Password settings for your current keyboard shortcut, it may not be the default 1Password shortcut, Control + \. Check my post (3rd one from the top) to find it.

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT what you suggested works for me now. Thanks!

• @Gregs: Glad that worked for you and on Mike's behalf, you are most welcome. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.